Wednesday, June 17, 2009

More about prep-work!

I literally will be almost to Bangkok this time next week.

Logistics:

I must: finish a microeconomics class 2 weeks early..yes, this means final paper and final exam before I've actually finished the class.

Finishing up this week at the Berkley Center for Peace, Religion, and World Affairs where I am a research assistant on the intersection of faith and global development under Professor Katherine Marshall. I will be sad to leave my office of warm co-workers, interesting research, and delightful discussions. Yet, Thailand calls! And I still get to enjoy my last week with a birthday celebration for our wonderful program assistant Abby and a B Center Tea Party(just because). I love the Berkley Center, and my work here on religion makes me even more excited to experience the effects of Buddhism in Thailand on culture and society. I was intrigued by Thich Nhat Hahn after reading "Living Buddha, Living Christ" last summer. Perhaps I'll get some ideas for a thesis or something. Here is the shameless website plug for the Berkley Center. It has really great projects from religion in international politics to american politics to international development and global health issues. It's worth a browse: www.berkleycenter.georgetown.edu

Also, my parents are coming to D.C. on Sunday! They will probably watch me pack/freak out/pack/freak out (you get the picture). Then I stay at Dulles airport the night before to appease my parents (they're convinced that I'll miss my 1pm flight to Seoul otherwise). Then after a LONG flight, I have a 3 hour lay-over and then fly into Bangkok and say Sawatdee to Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment