Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Last Day?

8/4/09

I can't believe I leave for Bangkok tomorrow--August 5th. I can't believe I won't have kids climbing all over me, chalk dust in my hair, after tomorrow. I can't believe I won't be chatting with MaReam and serving as her chauffeur to school after tomorrow. I can't believe I won't wake up looking forward to running through rice fields in the morning after tomorrow.

MaReam is a wreck and keeps welling up with tears. I find myself joining her....and saying goodbye to the students is going to kill me. The farewells started with my Pratom 4's today since I don't see them for class tomorrow. I wrote individual notes, gave out stickers and cute erasers, and hugs (of course), but I won't be detached for a long time. The bright side is that I am using all my materials I left for the end of teaching---bubbles, finger puppets, bouncy balls, a rubber snake, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment